top of page


Why should I choose a Registered Dietitian (RD) /Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) vs. a health coach? 

The main difference is quite simple--anyone can call themselves a "nutritionist" or 'health coach" but not everyone meets the qualifications to be a RD/RDN. A RD/RDN is someone who has studied the science of food and nutrition by completing four years of an undergraduate degree, completed a dietetic internship established by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, successfully passed the national board exam on dietetic registration, and maintains credentials by completing continuing education credits throughout their career. A RD/RDN is the absolute expert in nutrition and are either licensed or registered within their state of practice. By choosing a RD/RDN you are receiving guidance from someone who adheres to ethical and professional guidelines within their scope of practice. 

Do you accept clients in a different state for 1:1 counseling services? 

Each state within the United States has different laws regarding dietitian licensure for the provision of Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT). For example, some states may require dietitian licensure. I currently practice in the state of California. I will ask during our Discovery Call which state you reside in to verify whether we can work together for MNT services. 


I do not provide individual counseling for out-of-country clients. 

How do the sessions work? 

At this time, all of our sessions are held virtually. I use the HIPAA-compliant client portal, Practice Better, for all individual sessions, client communications, scheduling, and payments.


Some services entail travel costs and will be charged a travel fee at the most current IRS established rates for business use. 

Do I need a referral to work with you? 

Yes. Please have your PCP/NP/PA/DO submit an online referral form or fax a referral form to me by clicking on the Provider Tab above. Providers may use their own referral form if they prefer or you may download my nutrition referral form and submit to your physician. 


An appointment should not be required to obtain a referral, simply email/call your provider. If the provider does not have an official diagnosis, they can utilize code Z71.3 for dietary counseling and surveillance on the referral form. Please note, a referral is necessary to book an appointment with me for 1:1 counseling as California law requires that Registered Dietitians obtain a referral. I cannot proceed with any services unless I receive one. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email or call me below. 

Do you accept insurance?

I do not bill insurance. All appointments are considered fee-for-service, meaning you are expected to pay at the time of service, however I can provide you with a superbill* upon request. Many insurance plans allow coverage for out-of-network Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) providers. Please confirm with your insurance what your coverage includes. 

*A superbill is a detailed form that describes the medical services provided to you that you can submit to your health insurance company for potential reimbursement. Please note that reimbursement is not guaranteed and is dependent on your specific health insurance policy. Contact your insurance directly to determine whether you can be reimbursed. 

When calling to verify your out-of-network nutrition counseling benefits, be sure to ask:

  • Are visits to an “out-of-network” Registered Dietitian Nutritionist reimbursable? 

  • Are MNT procedure codes 97802 and 97803 covered?

  • Is diagnosis code Z71.3 covered as preventative?

  • Is there a limit to the number of visits?

  • Is a physician/provider referral required?

  • Do I have a deductible to meet before insurance pays?

What forms of payment do you accept?

I accept all major credit and debit cards. 

Another Question? Please feel free to contact me.

bottom of page